Monday, June 21, 2010

When Alethia Loses it

Last night Alethia was crying out in her sleep. Her body seemed hot but it was hard to tell if she was feverish or if it was just the Kentucky heat. She did not sleep very soundly, meaning that WE did not sleep soundly. Around 7 I heard the pitter-patter of Griffin feet and moments later Alethia whispered, “I think the kids want me to play.” Code for “Can I get up now?” Usually she would be off and running for the morning, playing her little heart out and barely slowing down long enough to get dressed and eat breakfast. But this morning she was back at our bedside within minutes whining and crying about one thing after another. So I asked her if she wanted to come back to bed and lay down with me. And she did! That is when I knew she really isn’t feeling well and it wasn’t just a bad night. We were laying there together for a bit and I looked over at her and she looked back at me, our faces just inches away from each other and smiling together. And she gave me a big hug and kiss and said, “We love ourselves!” Meaning, “We love each other!” I’m glad that Alethia is confident in my love for her even when I don’t use words to express it.

After we got up, I took her temperature which was slightly elevated and she continued to be clingy and whiny. So, my diagnosis is an ear infection. Luckily, I packed some homeopathic medication that the doctor gave her for an ear infection in April. I’m hoping this won’t require a visit to the doctor’s office, but we will have to take it one day at a time.

In the meantime, we set off today for the Chicago area to spend time with our close Malachi friends from Okinawa. I’m really looking forward to time with them. Then, we will be at Malachi Conference towards the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment