Thursday, November 4, 2010

Masami's 2nd Birthday!


I cannot believe that my baby boy is already 2 years old!  His second birthday was much less eventful than his first considering that he was in the hospital with pneumonia on his first birthday.  This year he was able to celebrate happy and healthy.

 Alethia really struggled with not being the center of things.  She was Masami's faithful present-opening assistant. 


The night before his birthday, we all went downtown to our city's fall festival.  We walked around, got crepes with nutella, and the kids got to do some rides.  This festival is an annual event, so I was surprised when I realized that the last time we actually went was with my mom when I was pregnant with Alethia.  Anyhow, it was a fun evening.

The day of Masami's birthday, I took him swimming with his little friend Morgan.  He is really loving the pool these days.  Then, we spent the evening at home as a family.  The kids played with Masami's new toys including a shopping cart and tool set while I made a dinner of gourmet mac'n'cheese and fresh green beans.  Then, we sang to him and had cake and ice cream. 

Masami is such a sweet, tender-hearted boy with a great sense for adventure.  I love being his mom and getting to watch him grow.  Happy Birthday my beautiful boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment