Friday, January 20, 2012

The 12 Days of Christmas

That's what we fondly called my mom's visit in December.  This is one of the longest stretches that we have gone without seeing family, and I have really felt it!  The reality of being so far away from loved ones has weighed heavy on me this fall.  So, it was really special to have my mom come .  And since it was during the holidays, we got to do lots of fun, festive stuff:

The Ktown Christmas Market

 
Swimming at the German Schwimmbad







  
Christmas Market at Valkenburg Caves, Netherlands
Going for walks

Alethia showing Granny her school



















Seeing Santa

Alethia's dance recital (more on that later)

We also had a little early Christmas celebration so the kids could open their gifts from Granny.  I'm so glad that my kids get to know their Granny even from such a distance!  We had a great time together, and it was sad to see her go.  We are hoping for more extended family time in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment