Monday, January 23, 2012

Masami's Quilt

I started working on a quilt for each of the kids when I was pregnant with them.  With Alethia's I got a fair amount done before she was born, but once she was born I found very little time to work on it for months.  I did, however, manage to get hers done in time for her first birthday. 

With Masami's, it was really just a concept by the time he was born.  I have worked on it off-and-on over the past three years.  Other projects just seemed to take precedent, so I would have to put it aside and then it would take me a long time to get back to it.  Finally, I decided that it was time to commit and finish it.  So, just after his third birthday, I completed his quilt and he seems to like it (especially since I backed it with soft minky).  As I was quilting it by hand, he would often come cuddle with me and "help" me pull the needle through the fabric. 


I'm happy with how it turned out.  I love the bright colors of the hot-air balloons and the fun swirls of the sky patterns.  But mostly I hope it speaks to my son of my love for him and my prayer for him to have lots of adventures and to experience life to the fullest in the Lord. 



1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I hope to make a quilt of Greta's old baby clothes (or one for me and one for her) for when she goes away to college. I don't know how to quilt, so maybe I will by then or find someone who does to make it!

    ReplyDelete