Monday, April 18, 2011

Updating a Friendship

So, I'm going to be catching-up on about a month of posts in the next week or so to get you up-to-date on Amor happenings. 

In March, some friends from the States came for a visit.  Eric and I have been friends since high school in Pennsylvania.  Little did we know when we became friends in 1995 that 16 years later we would still be friends.  After he and Carrie married, they moved to Portland where we have gotten to spend some time together as couples on our visits back there.  Anyhow, they got to take a trip to Africa to visit a friend and then stopped in Germany on their way home.

Eric & I (and our friend Byron) in 1996

We were excited to get to see Eric & Carrie and spend some extended time together.  Unfortunately, the day before they arrived at our house, I was down for the count with a bad cold.  I felt bad inviting them into our germy home.  However, they were so gracious!  Not only did they not cringe at my cooties, they pitched-in and helped entertain the kids and were such easy guests to have around.  We really enjoyed getting to know them better and having them see a bit of our world.  It was also fun to hear about their adventures in Africa...somewhere I would really like to visit some day!  And Anthony was super happy to get to take in a game of fussball with them.  We had a sweet time of sharing and praying for one another on their last night with us.  I am grateful for their visit.

Eric, Carrie, Me, & Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment