Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Quick Trip to Luxembourg

 In the middle of our move, I got to take off for the day and do some sightseeing with Heather.  Normally I wouldn't just take off in the middle of such a busy time, but I'm really glad that I did!  I was in the middle of the frustrations and aggravations of learning the quirks of a new house and feeling stressed about how everything was going to fit and trying to be a good mom in the midst of the transition.  It was really nice to get away from all the craziness for a day, get a break, and come back more ready to jump back in.

So Anthony took the kids for the day and we took a little girls trip to Luxembourg.  I couldn't believe that it is only two hours away and yet somewhere I hadn't been in the 6 years that we've lived in Germany.

Luxembourg is called "the Gibraltar of the North" because it has been used like a fortress over the years and been rebuilt many times.  It is really a series of gorges and hills.  We got to take the walk along the top of the gorge and walked through the cathedral.  Then, we walked through some shops and got dinner before heading home. 







It was a beautiful day to be out and about.  We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment