Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My 32nd Birthday

My birthday came and went over a month ago and I didn't blog at all about it.  However, it was such a good one that I cannot let it completely pass me by without a word...

I do not remember the last time that anyone threw me a party...I'm sure it was in college, so it has been awhile.  So a couple days before my actual birthday, Heather (our new co-worker and good friend) organized a birthday party for me at the Hospitality House.  She planned a delicious meal of all my favorite appetizers and invited friends.  It was a beautiful day and many of my friends were able to come out and celebrate.  The kids ran around happily together with their friends while the adults played games including Taboo, Cancellation Hearts (a new favorite of mine), and Corn Hole.   Heather finished out the meal with her family tradition of Chocolate Gooey Cake (which was amazing) and chocolate covered strawberries.  I'm sorry to say that no pictures were taken.  We were all having too much fun to remember to pull out the camera.  However, I did manage to remember to get one before the night was out...


On my actual birthday, Anthony watched the kids while I went out for coffee and croissants with a few girlfriends.  We sat out on the patio enjoying the sun while we chatted.  It was relaxing and nice. 





For my birthday present, Anthony got me something that I had been long wanting...a Tassimo!  It is basically a push-button by-the-cup coffee and cappuccino maker that makes the greatest cup of coffee ever.  Anthony also picked out a variety of coffee discs to go with it and I have been experimenting and enjoying my coffee everyday since. 

I got to spend the afternoon enjoying my kids, playing in the backyard.  For dinner, friends watched the kids while Anthony took me to an Indian restaurant for some Murgh Korma and Nan.  Yummy!  It was just such a sweet weekend of celebration and getting to enjoy my friends and family.  So thank you to all who helped make it so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment