Sunday, October 30, 2011

Masami Turns 3!

I can't believe how quickly these kids are growing!  I no longer have babies in the house.  (And soon, hopefully, no diapers!) 

Last weekend we celebrated Masami's 3rd birthday.  Despite a round of flu making its way through our house, we managed a nice little celebration.  Masami had been asking to go swimming for weeks, so I had promised a swim outing to the German pool for his birthday.  Unfortunately, Anthony was laid up in bed, taking his turn with the flu, but I didn't want to cancel on Masami.  The German pool is great....like a little indoor water park, but makes it difficult to be the only adult with two young kids.  There was no way we would be able to do the big water slide as I couldn't take them both with me at once and I wasn't going to leave one alone while I took the other.  So, I asked a friend to go with me.  Heather was glad to go with us.  Masami was so happy; he was doing a little dance around the pool.  We had a great time. 

Thanks to the commissary cake display, Masami had been asking for a Spiderman birthday cake for months.  Since I was not about to pay for a big pre-decorated sheet cake, I decided that I would just figure out a way to make it myself.  I was pretty pleased with the result:



We had a family dinner of Masami's favorite home cooked meal: Yakitori with our friends, Heather and Jennessa joining us.  (They were the only two that I dared to invite into our germy home...luckily, both were willing to brave it and came out unscathed.) 




I guess it was sort of a "Super Hero" themed birthday between the cake, the action figures, and the costumes that Masami got.  He loved it!


All of us wearing hats that Masami got for his birthday

So, it was a fun day with a very satisfied little boy.  Masami is such a light in our lives!  He is goofy and charming and clever and tender-hearted.  He loves playing with his sister, loves getting attention, and loves to cuddle.  His favorite things are dinosaurs, Little Einsteins, Super Heroes, Toy Story, and VBS songs.  I love watching him grow and learn and discover life and God.  I am so blessed to have this little boy in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment