Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Can I say hello?

One morning last week when we were at my mom’s house we were sitting on the porch when Alethia asked me “Can I go say hello?”

“To who, honey?”

“To the trees”

“Sure, you can go say hello to the trees”

Then, Alethia proceeded to step out into the lawn and up to the nearest tree, a bright Japanese maple, and said, “Hello. It’s me, Alethia!” She went on to have a whole little dialogue with the tree explaining that we were at Gran’s house in Michigan, but that she lives in a house in Germany. She continued to chat along for a few minutes, then came skipping back to the porch to announce that she had to go potty. Once she had visited the toilet and come back, she picked right up where she left off and continued for the next five minutes or so to chat to the tree as she examined other plants with a stick. I guess we have a little tree-talker on our hands. Next thing we know, she’ll be huggin’ ‘em!



No comments:

Post a Comment