Friday, July 2, 2010

Where in the States are the Amors?
Cadence Conference


Malachi Conference flowed right into the Cadence Conference. We were at Green Lake Conference Center for both. It was really a lovely facility with beautiful grounds filled with hiking trails and even a disc golf course (and a regular golf course). Of course, there was also a lake to swim in and paddle boats to rent.

On Sunday when everyone started to arrive, I felt so overwhelmed. There were over 300 Cadence staff together. That feeling started to pass, however, as my excitement to see so many dear people who we rarely get to see started to grow. Next, the challenge was finding time to catch-up with everyone I wanted to while not neglecting my children and still getting a little sleep. In the end, although I was physically exhausted, my soul was refreshed!

I don’t really know what to say about conference or how to sum it up because there was so much and it felt like a whirlwind of great sessions, great conversations, great meals, great play times, and great worship. The thing that impressed me most deeply was this…I feel so honored to get to be a part of this great organization where, when I looked around the room, I realized that I was surrounded by men and women who have lived/are living lives of incredible faith, joy, love, peace, and service. I cannot imagine a greater group of people. And here is the thing: it is a total gift from God. It is not like I went looking for a mission with the best missionaries around. It just sort of fell in my lap. Anthony always knew he was supposed to be a part of Cadence and so I was too. And I am incredibly blessed to be recognized as a Cadence missionary even with all of its faults and problems because their passion and work for God is so great. It is like Anthony said, “We are part of a really cool mission!”

No comments:

Post a Comment