Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pretty Toes



I have been putting off painting Alethia’s nails because I did not really believe that she could sit long enough for the polish to dry. Once in awhile I will color her finger nails with a marker, and she really likes that. However, when we arrived at my sister’s house a couple weeks ago, Alethia quickly noticed that her cousin, Lucy, had yellow painted toe nails and immediately thought “I want yellow toe nails too!” Alethia asked and reminded and pestered Auntie until she had a moment to sit down and paint those toe nails yellow. Alethia was thrilled and very proud of them. She pointed them out to everyone when she met them. “Hi! I’m Alethia. I have yellow paint on my toes!” Unfortunately, I did not think to get a picture of her fun yellow toe nails. Well, they were starting to look a little ragged, so I asked Alethia if she wanted to go to the store and pick out a new color to put on her toes. Of course, she was ecstastic and kept reminding me that we needed to go shopping until we were in the car. Once there, I showed her the row of “insta-dry” nail polish and told her to pick a color. Of course, she wanted yellow. I convinced her that toe nails could be any color; they didn’t have to be yellow. She settled on two colors and told me that she could have red today and purple tomorrow. I was not about to commit to repainting her nails every day, so we compromised…



Luckily, Dikke was there to keep her preoccupied and sitting still so I could get the job done. They told each other stories while the polish dried.


On another note, my mom and I also decided to get new color on our toe nails. We went for pedicures together. The girl doing mine asked if I wanted another flower. As I hesitated, she promised that it would be prettier than the one I had before. I thought the one I had before was pretty great, so I doubted that it could get much better. However, she did make them pretty extravagant. What do you think?...







No comments:

Post a Comment